Wednesday, July 11, 2007

another day, another week

And so today starts my third official week in the Aussie land, and things are going quite well.

Today we attended our second lab meeting, and though I still do not know what's going on with other people's works, and therefore don't understand the majority of what is said at these meetings, I can say that I am feeling more and more comfortable with my own project, despite being frustrated at the code, STILL. It's been a week since I've been working on trying to plot the different currents I'm analyzing via MATLAB, and through this entire week, I've been unsuccessful. Yes, I've had mini successes and mini glimpses of brightness, but those moments are shattered by error messages that pop up when I try to run the model. Nonetheless, I shall keep trying, and I will get it to work. One of these days. Hopefully.
I've updated the new model that Anushka, my UCSD mentor, sent Saleh and I to work on, and am still waiting on comments and further instructions.

We've booked our flights to New Zealand and Sydney, so it's official: we're going on holiday to New Zealand and Sydney after we finish the official part of PRIME at the end of August. Tickets were way cheaper than I thought they'd be, and I am SUPER excited!! (:

Last night during dinner, Saleh made an amazing discovery. Pita bread in the sandwich press, and, voila! Pita chips! I suspect we'll be making those quite often.

Look what we found during lunch at the Indonesian place in the nearby food court! [beng beng!]

1 comment:

Heather said...

BENG BENG bars!!! Never knew our major was so popular with the Indonesian crowd! Lol